Treasury Wine Event
Wine Event Upgrade Goals
The Treasury Wine Event is a bi-annual "friends & family" sale. The store was designed and launched in October 2010 as alternative to an onsite annual sale that gathers hundreds of wine lovers and friends of Treasury Wine Estates company. Attendance has been growing every year since. The short nature of the sale, the great offers and high discounts created a necessity in an easy to use, lightening fast store that is available on any digital device.
Create a steamless shopping process for new and returning users giving a better overall experience. Goals detailed.
- Better UX/UI with a focus on mobile device users
- responsive design
- clear forms with less fields
- finger-friendly interfaces: bigger buttons, less navigation, better navigation
- reduction in unnecessary elements (visual garbage)
- visually unified elements (product cards, menus, forms) that appear consistent across the website
- Better user experience and smarter interface: less buttons to click, less scrolls
- create a better shopping experience: let experienced users shop without browsing product pages: all shopping functionality available from a category page and available at any moment
- simplify registration process:
- less fields to fill out
- fields are pre-populated or have an option to click (quick fill)
- autocomplete dropdowns
- simplify the process of updating a user account
- Design: modern look and optimization best practices
- refresh the look of the website; create visual experience of award winning eCom store
- replace images with vectors to improve experience on retina displays and speed up load time;
- remove unused code;
- optimize images;
- serve only necessary content for a specific device
- New functionality:
- allow users to select referrals during registration rather than allow them to input custom values;
- add referral field associated with every order. Keep the referral field associated with an account;
- improve user account settings page: show subscription preferences
- create a “store switch” that will allow enable access to the website without help of eWinery and reaching the site with eW “trusted cache”
- create product layout for kits
- create a tool to set bottle size (icon) and rating (icon) on a product using admin panel
Inventory Manager View
Walk-through click to start
Responsive site optimized for use on mobile devices with slow internet connection speed.
Extras: Browser plugin to enhance SaaS admin panel
Browser plugin was developed for customer support team to create a look-up field in SaaS CMS admin panel.
First minutes after store is open
First week in comparison to the previous sale
Note: Double page-views in less time! Site speed browsing increased in twice.